Thursday 9 November 2006

Day 1

Thursday 6th November
Sunny
Well, dear Diary, we weighed anchor at six this morning (it was a hundred pounds), and the Great Adventure has begun. I'm setting out for the Amazon jungle with my three bestest friends. Oh, and 'Stinky' Johnson. No, I don't know how he ended up as one of the party either. And Evans. Personally, I had my reservations about taking him along after last time, but 'Rosebud' Smith insisted and Parker and Williams weighed in on his side with all this talk about irrational prejudices and what's-he-done-wrong-anyway? I was obliged to spend three quaters of an hour before dinner sulking, but the otheres were playing Hunt-the-Postman's-Slipper-Down-the-Stairs and they didn't notice. Anyway, that's all blown over now and we are off at last!
I feel things augur well for this expedition. Our hearts are high and our trousers are low, having been taken down before we set sail to the Ship's Laundry by a rather zealous Ship's Launderette. The only, ahem, blot on the horizon is that apparently Evans gets seasick which means that, what a pity, we won't be seeing much of him for the three weeks of the voyage.

No comments: