Tuesday 21 November 2006

Day 13

Tuesday 18th November
Some sun, scattered showers

Williams announced at lunch that he had a jolly idea. His suggestion was that we should go round coating all the ropes in tar so that when the sailors pulled on the rigging they'd get stuck. The rest of us endeavoured to explain to him why that was a Bad Idea. It took about three quarters of an hour but we did it in the end. He gave up the project with some reluctance and proposed instead that we paint all the brasswork blue. The others all fell in enthusiastically with this idea, but I felt it was my duty to look out for his interests while the captain was ill and that it was therefore up to me to dissuade everyone. I started, but Stinky looked into my eyes again and said "Has Evans found his teddy bear yet?" The ship is now looking rather blue.

I'm rather worried about Rosebud. It's been over a week and a half now. I think I'll pop down tomorrow with some nourishing gruel and see if I can get him to take some.

No comments: