Tuesday 14 November 2006

Day 6

Tuesday 11th November
Cloudy

The storm has cleared leaving an overcast sky with occasional spells of sun. We should have fine weather for the Atlantic crossing.

A strange thing happened at breakfast this morning. As I was coming into the dining room I could have sworn I saw Rosebud leaving by the other door. But he's still confined to bed, in spite of the improved weather. It was only a glimpse, so I suppose I must have been mistaken, and yet I can't think who else it could be.

Popped down for a round of deck quoits after lunch. Can't say I'm a huge fan but it's something you're obliged to do at least once on a voyage. Actually it would have been quite fun if Stinky hadn't kept walking up to the post whenever anyone else was throwing, tripping over it in a rather deliberate way, thereby causing it to move a foot or so, and saying "Oops!" in a loud voice.

Still haven't decided what to do about Evans' teddy.

No comments: